Sandringham Farm requires a skilled stockperson to join our small team of shepherds with responsibility for 3000 breeding ewes.
The farm is approximately 6000 acres, comprising of 4000 acres of arable and 2000 acres of 2 year leys. The wider estate features forestry, game and public enterprises, offering a rich and varied work experience, but also requiring a high level of consideration for, and interaction with these areas.
The 3000-strong Aberfield-based flock primarily produces finished lamb for a premium supermarket retailer, but also breed their own replacements. There is a strong emphasis on maternal and easy-lambing genetics, minimal health interventions and forage-only finishing largely behind electric fencing. It is anticipated that suckler/store beef will become part of the enterprise mix over the coming seasons, so experience or a strong willingness to be involved in this development is important.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience in all aspects of sheep husbandry.
• Be able to uphold the very highest standards of animal welfare.
• Work effectively as part of a small team.
• Be self-motivated, organised and able to manage their own time when necessary.
• Be hard-working and flexible at peak times of the year.
• Hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
• Possess a category B+E trailer licence.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a role within a friendly farm team who pride themselves on animal welfare, performance and modern practices. An attractive salary, benefit and pension package will be offered, subject to experience. If you are interested in a full-time, long-term role, which will value your strengths please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for email applications is 19th June 2020